SURF CAMP FOR SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS
WHERE: Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, South of the main lifeguard tower
WHEN: 8:45am – 1:30pm (Food and water provided)
DATES of Surf Camp:
- May 15
- June 18 & 26
- July 16 & 24
- August 13 & 28
- Sept 10 & 25
We need volunteers to help with photography, surfing with the children (experience surfers only), catching the kids as they ride the waves on to the shore, clapping and cheering, helping with set up and breakdown, handing out goodies, etc.
BEACH CLEAN UPS
WHERE: Various North County Beaches
DATES of Beach Clean Ups:
- Thursday, May 12 at Moonlight Beach – 10:00am – 11:30am
- More dates TBA
We will provide buckets, gloves, snacks, water and take home goodies!
Other volunteer opportunities throughout the year...
- Watering the plants at the Surfing Madonna Mosaic Park (1x per week)
- Promoting the Surfing Madonna Beach Run
- Volunteering at the Surfing Madonna Beach Run
- Photography at our events
- Helping spread the word on social media (Instagram, twitter, facebook, etc)
- Assisting adults with special needs into the ocean to swim and/or float in the beach wheelchairs (Summer only)
We send out a Volunteer Eblast approx. 4-5 times a year that has all of the upcoming volunteer opportunities. There is no obligation and we are completely flexible with your schedule. If something sparks your interest, you can sign up and if not, no worries! We’re all here to have fun.