SURF CAMP FOR SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS
WHERE: Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, South of the main lifeguard tower
WHEN: 8:30am – 12:30pm (Food and water provided)
DATES of Surf Camp:
- June 10 & 25
- July 8 & 15
- August 5 & 12
- Sept 16 & 23
We need volunteers to help with photography, surfing with the children (experience surfers only), catching the kids as they ride the waves on to the shore, clapping and cheering, helping with set up and breakdown, handing out goodies, etc.
Other volunteer opportunities throughout the year...
- Watering the plants at the Surfing Madonna Mosaic Park (1x per week)
- Promoting the Surfing Madonna Beach Run
- Volunteering at the Surfing Madonna Beach Run
- Photography at our events
- Helping spread the word on social media (Instagram, twitter, facebook, etc)
- Assisting adults with special needs into the ocean to swim and/or float in the beach wheelchairs (Summer only)
We send out a Volunteer Eblast approx. 4-5 times a year that has all of the upcoming volunteer opportunities. There is no obligation and we are completely flexible with your schedule. If something sparks your interest, you can sign up and if not, no worries! We’re all here to have fun.